Friday, December 30, 2011

New favorite in the kitchen!



I first read about these pans in Bon Appetite magazine - and they are truly GREAT!  I received one for Christmas and ran out to buy the other two sizes they come in. 

The Bialetti Aeternum nonstick  pans come in 8", 10.5" and 12" - you can buy the sets online, or separately.  Last I checked they are sold out at their website bialettishop.com, but you can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond bedbathandbeyond.com .


The finish is PFOA, PTFE and Cadium free.  The release is amazing, and clean-up couldn't be easier.  I have made eggs and fried bacon in mine so far.  The white interior makes it a bit difficult to see that your egg whites are cooked properly, but I'm sure with experience, this will not be a real issue.  The picture on the packaging shows some very nicely browned scallops - I haven't tried getting to really caramelize anything yet, but my bacon didn't crisp the way it would in a traditional skillet.

Everyone I know is going to get a set of these next holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment