Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reuse Shopping Bags

I was at Whole Foods the other day and saw the cutest reuse holiday shopping bag

www.wholefoodsmarket.com/holidays/giving/betterbag.php

I thought "What a great idea to use the bag for Christmas wrapping rather than the conventional roll wrap I have used in the past.  You could also load individually wrapped presents into the bag to deliver to families, rather than use large plastic (or paper) shoppers from retail stores.

I was so disappointed to see that they are actually made in China!  On the Whole Foods website, they are all about "Caring about communities and the environment" "Seek supplier partnerships that share their concern for social responsibility and the environment"  "Work with supply partners in eliminating all unnecessary production and distribution costs to ensure the best possible price".

Which brings up the question about the 80% recycled material that goes into making the bag: Where are those recyclables coming from?  China? the United States?

Well, I don't know about you, but if you can afford to shop at "Whole Paycheck", I'm sure you wouldn't mind spending another 25 cents on a reuse shopping bag if it could be made, if not in the United States, at least on this continent, and not imported from a country half way around the world!

Just saying... I love the idea of their "Better Bag" - but I hate the fact that it comes all the way from China.

No comments:

Post a Comment