Thursday, January 12, 2012

PINK Food

So now that I am on the PINK Primary phase of the P.I.N.K. Method diet, I can have 1/2 cup of whole grain at dinner time.  I'm not going to lie, I have been STARVING on this diet, so the added carbs really help to curb those hunger pains in the evening.

I have made this dish twice now, and really like it.  Even if you aren't on the PINK Method, it is a pretty good low-cal, low-fat, plant-based dinner.



Broccoli and Cauliflower with Lentils and Quinoa

3 tbsp uncooked quinoa
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 cup cooked lentils
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 cups fresh cauliflower florets

Dressing:
2 scallions thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp chili garlic sauce

Place the quinoa in a medium stock pot with 1/2 cup of water and seasoning salt.  Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Add the lentils to the stock pot, along with the broccoli and cauliflower florets.  Cover and bring heat to medium.  Allow the cauliflower and broccoli to steam until tender and almost all water has been absorbed, about 8 minutes.

While the vegetables are steaming, mix the dressing in a small bowl.  Pour quinoa mixture into a bowl and top with dressing.  Easy!

I have also added mushrooms to the mix and enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment