Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quick and Easy (even Healthy) Soup

One of the reasons I decided to start the P.I.N.K. Method diet, is that it utilizes an expensive piece of kitchen equipment that I already own: a VitaMix.

I have to say, one of my most favorite soups is something that I came up with when I had very little in my fridge and pantry - and it only uses two ingredients!

Super Simple Cauliflower Soup

1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets and roughly chopped
Swanson low sodium chicken broth

Simply put the chopped cauliflower into a pot and add enough broth to cover.  Boil for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.  Transfer to VitaMix (food processor or blender) and whirl away! (Be careful when creaming hot liquids - they can give a nasty burn.)

Sometimes I put a dollop of low-fat yogurt just to give it a bit of acid, but not necessary.

I have tried other brands of chicken stock, but I like the flavor of Swanson in this recipe.  I have also tried it with broccoli, and while it is OK, the cauliflower is much tastier to me. You could even use vegetable broth for a vegan option.

Hope enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment