Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reusable Shopping Bags

So I am very proud to say that I have not taken a shopping bag from a retailer or grocery store since November!  I have a TON of reusable bags that were given away at conferences I attended, as well as some that I have purchased, but they are all very stiff and bulky, so I wanted to find one of those cute nylon bags that can fold into a neat little pouch and not take up too much room in my purse.  A quick search found at least three major producers of just such a bag:

Baggu

Baggu ( www.baggu.com ) $9.00 per single bag

Chico Bag

Chico Bag ( www.chicobag.com ) $5.99 per single "Original" bag

Flip & Tumble

Flip & Tumble (www.flipandtumble.com ) $10.00 per single "24-7" bag

I like the look of all of them, especially the Flip & Tumble two-tone option.  What really disturbs me is that all of them, including bags made by Reusit ( www.reusit.com ), are all manufactured in China.  All of the websites that I visited made a point of saying that they only deal with "Fair Trade/Fair Wage" companies, but I still wish they were made domestically.

No comments:

Post a Comment