Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Salty & Sweet

Rolo are one of my favorite candy - anything with caramel pretty much is.  I came across a recipe for "Pretzel Rolo Blondie Bites on Cookies & Cups website ( cookiesandcups.com ) and I needed a birthday treat to send my son, so I thought I would give them a try.

I had a problem with using the mini muffin pan and they all ran together in a big mess, and I couldn't get them to release from the pan, so I baked the remaining batter in a regular size silicon muffin pan, and they turned out fine.

I did have some left over Rolo candies and pretzels, so I used them to make these tasty little treats:
Photo via Crickets Cafe

Simply put the Rolo on a pretzel (I used a Silpat liner on a baking sheet for easy removal) and pop them in a 300 degree oven for about 4 minutes, pull them out and press the pecan half into the melt-y Rolo.  Allow them to cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment