Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rescued!

As I mentioned before, all of my current pets are adopted from rescue organizations.

Today I wanted to introduce you to Olive.



We found Olive on Pet Finder ( petfinder.com ), she was being fostered by an organization who specialized in puppy adoptions, Pound Puppy Rescue ( poundpuppyrescue.org ).  She was part of a litter of 7 and boy, what a wide variety of puppies they were!  We went to the meet-and-greet to actually look at one of her sisters, but once we saw her, we were hooked.

Kona, Zanzy (Olive's mother), and Olive at the puppies 1st birthday party.
Olive (so named because she is black, like a Kalamata olive) is now almost four years old and looks a lot like a 40 pound doberman.  We love her, and I believe she loves us too.

I would like to encourage everyone, looking for a furry family member to consider rescue adoption.  There are so many wonderful animals looking for a loving, forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment